Go Blue Phase 2 Application
Co-financed by European Union implemented by The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in partnership with Sote Hub brings you the Go Blue project. The overall objective of the EU Action is to contribute to coastal economic development in an inclusive, integrated, participatory and sustainable manner. The specific objective of the GIZ engagement is to strengthen inclusive and sustainable blue economy value chains through skills development and matching, and value chain development.
The objective of the project is to support 100 MSMEs, of which 70% are female-owned and 35% youth in pre-selected blue economy sectors in Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Mombasa, Taita Taveta and Tana River to grow and enhance their business capacity by providing market linkages and enhance capacities of MSMEs in green and greening industries, with at least 70% women. This will be done through.
- Access to industry experts through industry visits.
- International exchange visit to Germany for market expansion.
- Mentorship opportunities through on-premise mentorship programs.
- Funding – 6 roundtables with donors and financial institutions.
- Curated curriculum for your business skill development.
Through upskilling and upscaling, we expect the MSMEs to gain at least 10% turnover increase, 10% staff increase, access to new markets and gain sector-specific standards in their respective value chain.