Go Blue market linkage for Green and greening SMEs.
The GoBlue project is co-financed by the European Union and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in partnership with Sote Hub.
The overall objective of the EU Action is to contribute to coastal economic development in an inclusive, integrated, participatory and sustainable manner. The specific objective of the GIZ engagement is to strengthen inclusive and sustainable blue economy value chains through skills development and matching, and value chain development.
The program will focus on the green and greening MSME’s in the Blue Economy sector. Green businesses are those that operate with a focus on sustainability and environmental responsibility. These businesses prioritize the use of renewable resources, the reduction of waste and pollution, and the promotion of eco-friendly practices.
Greening businesses are those that are taking steps to become more sustainable and eco-friendly. This can involve implementing climate friendly practices and technologies, reducing their carbon footprint, and making changes to their operations that align with environmental sustainability.
Blue Economy sector on the other hand involves the following value chains:
- Fishing and Fish Handling
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Transport and Logistics (maritime transport, security, shipping, ports and related services)
- Conservation (waste disposal management and mangrove conservation)
- Vessel Repair and Maintenance
- Desalination (fresh water generation)
- Marine agriculture
The objective of the project is to support 100 MSMEs, of which 70% are female-owned and 50% youth in pre-selected blue economy sectors in Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Mombasa, Taita Taveta and Tana River to grow and enhance their business capacity by providing market linkages and enhance capacities of MSMEs in green and greening industries, with at least 70% women. This will be done through.
- Access to industry experts through industry visits.
- International exchange visit to Germany for market expansion.
- Mentorship opportunities through on-premise mentorship programs.
- Fundraising training – 6 roundtables with donors and financial institutions.
- Curated curriculum for your business skill development.
Through upskilling and upscaling, we expect the MSMEs to gain at least 10% turnover increase, 10% staff increase, access to new markets and gain sector-specific standards in their respective value chain
Application closes in