Reports to: Head of Innovation Sote Hub
Location: Mombasa, Kilifi, Taita Taveta, Kwale, Lamu and Tana River
The Go Blue project is co-financed by the European Union and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in partnership with Sote Hub.
The overall objective of the EU Action is to contribute to coastal economic development in an inclusive, integrated, participatory and sustainable manner. The specific objective of the GIZ engagement is to strengthen inclusive and sustainable blue economy value chains ( Aquaculture, Fishing and Fish Handling, Hospitality and Tourism, Transport and Logistics i.e maritime transport, security, shipping, ports and related services, Conservation (waste disposal management and mangrove conservation), Vessel Repair and Maintenance and Desalination i.e fresh water generation) through skills development and matching, and value chain development.
The Trainer/mentor is a resource point for issues regarding Business Development Service provided and training implementation, mentorship, MSMEs needs collection and sharing them with Sote Hub head of Innovation.
- Understanding the content and curriculum and mentorship tool for effective delivery of desired results.
- Assess MSMEs training/ mentorship needs and provide recommendations.
- Developing and executing training and mentorship schedules and delivering learning content to MSMEs in the Assigned county.
- Ensuring high quality Training and implementation of the training in the day to day works of the MSMEs.
- Developing relatable examples and case study material for use to make classes useful and exciting, where applicable use local language i.e Swahili.
- Providing reports of each training and mentorship session with key details on interactions and feedback from MSMEs.
- Ensuring that MSMEs perform practical activities related to industry visits, providing advice and assistance where necessary, and ensuring that all mentorship, exchange visits, and industry visits provide maximum learning benefits.
- Providing detailed instructions as necessary and responding to a wide range of technical questions from MSMEs within a value chain.
- Ensuring good attendance, tracking and providing daily reports on each Training session with the number of participants, gender, venue, pictures, and Training testimonials from some participants etc.
- Maintaining confidentiality and terms outlined in the mentorship agreement.
- Adapt delivery of course material to meet the needs of the learners
- Continuously collect Success Stories from MSMEs and share it to Head of Innovation for communication and publicity to inspire other MSMEs.
- Education – Degree from a recognized University
- Experience in Business Development training.
- Previous Experience conducting workshopsTrainings/ mentoring entrepreneurs is an added advantage
- MUST have and demonstrate experience working on the blue economy value chains above
- Having been trained on BDS in the blue economy value chains is an added advantage
- Indicate in your Application which county you are based in. The focus counties are Taita Taveta, Kwale, Mombasa, Kilifi, Lamu and Tana River
- Female Candidates encouraged to apply.
Send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com so as to reach us latest 9th April 2023.