Compassion InternationalBungoma | Kilifi | Kitui | Mombasa | Nairobi | Nakuru | Samburu | Thika
On behalf of Compassion International Kenya, Sote Hub incubated the top 20 innovators for four months, each SME receiving about 80 hours of mentorship/coaching. The incubation provided them with necessary skills and mentorship that will help shape their innovations, providing a basis for them to grow to established businesses.
- Institutionalizing the start-ups and supporting their organization establishment through legal and necessary support.
- Supporting the commercialization of the innovations and technologies into the market.
- Creating an environment that supports learning, collaboration and insights sharing among the innovators.
- Contributing to the overall innovation ecosystem development in the country and the region.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Formalizing your Business / Legal processes.
- Team Management
- Life skills Mentorship & Coaching Sessions.
- Nocode and Web Design.
- Setting goals and Key primary indicators.
- Revenue Model and Pricing.
- Funding Mechanics/Investors.
- Business Modelling.
- Finance and Business Planning.
- Pitching Masterclass.
Initially I was working with 5 staff serving 20 students a day and had challenges with financial accountability . Through the BMC training, I identified more customers and focused on improving my services to them. I am now able to calculate my output and input and come up with the right pricing for my services and products. Also, my business is now fully online through my website.
- Business Model Canvasses - The startups were mentored to come up with this strategic management tool that offers a visual chart with elements describing a firm's or product's value proposition, infrastructure, customers, and finances, assisting the businesses to align their activities by illustrating potential trade-offs.
- Business Plans - The Startups were mentored to build a road map that provides business direction, so that the businesses can plan their future and help avoid bumps in the road. The training was focused on a business planning process that is thorough, accurate, and up-to-date. Each business plan was conformed to generally accepted guidelines regarding form and content.
- Websites - The Startups were trained and supported to build websites through #Nocode. This was basically through simple drag and drop tools that don't require the builder to be tech-savvy.
- Pitch Decks - The startups were mentored to come up with pitch decks that they would use to pitch their companies to audiences, generally investors. They were also taken through practical demo sessions where they were taught how to pitch. They were also taken through aspects of creating an effective pitch deck including organizing decks based on the audience and forum to which it is to be presented.
- Certificates - All the entrepreneurs received certificates upon completion of the program.
- Category Agriculture and Digitization
- Client Compassion International Kenya.
- Location Bungoma, Kilifi, Kitui, Mombasa, Nairobi, Nakuru, Samburu, Thika
- Project date March, 2022
- View Success Story