Go Blue ProjectMombasa | Kilifi | Kwale | Lamu | Taita Taveta |Tana River
Go Blue Kenya
The project is Co-financed by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ
Sote Hub is accelerating 200 MSME`s in the six Coastal Counties in Kenya. The selected MSMEs are in blue value chains with high potential and impact on job creation, such as aquaculture, tourism (hospitality), boat repair services (e.g welding, mechanic, etc.), fish handling and processing, maritime security, transport & logistics.
We have implemented this project in two phases; the Business Development Service & Training phase which entailed classroom training and the Technical Phase where we provided sector-specific knowledge, industry linkage, market expansion, and standardization of the MSMEs products to market needs and opportunities. The businesses are paired with a coach for continuous learning and tracking of progress
This is a noble course because MSMEs create upto 80 percent of employment, establish a new middle class and stimulate the demand for new goods and services.
Technical Advisor, GIZ
- MSMEs have been able to hire new staff with a minimum of 20% increase in staff across but some have increased by over 100%. The new roles created is due to increased capacity of the businesses
- Increase in sales and revenue and general income rise of upto 50% per month. For example, Jacky organic garden & Aquaculture in Mtwapa was doing KES 100,000/month and now making upward of 150,000 Kes per month.
- Access to new Market and value chain due to market development activities including attending farmers market days, fairs and exhibitions, new websites developed using #nocode.
- Category Blue Economy
- Client Co-financed by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ.
- Location Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Taita Taveta, Tana River
- Project date 01 March, 2022
- View Success Story