No Code ProjectMombasa | Taita Taveta | Makueni | Nairobi | Nyeri | Nakuru | Kisumu | Turkana | Busia | Eldoret
No Code Project
The NOCODE movement is a game-changer globally and more so in Kenya/Africa to democratize access to digital technology. With NoCode, you don’t need any technical background to build websites and apps. Anyone with an idea can start their own business website, or launch an app. NoCode is fast, saves cost (from hiring developers), and is easy to learn as one does not have to spend years learning how to code.
Supported by UK Kenya Tech Hub, Sote Hub trained 100 non-tech entrepreneurs with digital skills on how to harness the untapped power of No Code and enable them to develop and maintain their business websites and apps using NoCode in Phase 1. We are currently implementing phase 2 of the project scaling to 15 other Kenyan Counties which is supporting 150 more MSMEs.
No Code is a relatively new concept and this was a pilot to see its potential in Kenya. Using NoCode, entrepreneurs with no technical background were able to build websites. Note, that when you build on a No Code platform, you are building with code, you simply don’t have to do any coding.
Achievements / Impacts
- 250 youth and women entrepreneurs successfully created their business websites.
- Participation from 25 counties. (Mombasa, Taita Taveta, Makueni, Nairobi, Nyeri, Turkana, Eldoret, Nakuru, Kisumu, Busia, Kisii, Siaya, Bungoma, Bomet, Baringo, Samburu, Garissa, Lamu, Kwale, Kilifi, Kiambu, Meru, Kajiado, Kakamega and Machakos.
It's an honor to be able to provide non-tech entrepreneurs with the right knowledge to get their online presence up & running in a few minutes
Director, UK Kenya TechHub
- Category Digitization
- Client Supported by UK Kenya Tech Hub and implemented by Sote Hub.
- Location Mombasa, Taita Taveta, Makueni, Nairobi, Nyeri, Nakuru, Kisumu, Turkana, Busia, Eldoret
- Project date 01 March, 2022
- View Success Story