Blue Economy Innovation and Investment SummitMombasa | Kilifi | Kwale | Lamu | Taita Taveta |Tana River
Blue Economy Innovation and Investment Summit
The Blue Economy Innovation and Investment Summit is a one-week series of events that seeks to expand knowledge and opportunities to foster growth of the Blue economy. Growing the Blue Economy opens up opportunities for growth of new industries, jobs, innovation of new and improved technologies and open investment opportunities for entrepreneurs.
The blue economy has the potential to generate sustainable economic development, create jobs, and foster innovation.
Her Excellency Ambassador Katarína Leligdonova
Slovak Ambassador to Kenya
According to the World Bank, the ocean economy is currently valued at $1.5 trillion, and is projected to double by 2030.
Director/Co-Founder, Sote Hub
The top 3 startups from the hackathon made a pitch presentation of their businesses to the guests and they were each awarded KES 300,000.
The top 3 startups were
- Seavive - An IoT based solution that tracks the continuously changing fish spots due to varying climate conditions. The solution uses SONAR technology and Machine Learning to locate the fish spots, size and type of fish and sends the signals of these locations to fishermen via smart and feature phones.
- Tamu Chicks - They make organic Animal feed & Fertilizer from Fish Waste utilizing disregarded fish waste from fishermen. The waste is turned into fish feeds, Chicken feeds, & Pet feeds.
- Flemibriqs - A renewable energy company converting waste to energy and developing sustainable energy solutions.
- Category Blue Economy
- Organized by Sote Hub
- Location Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Taita Taveta, Tana River
- Project date 18 - 24 November, 2022
- View Success Story